Nothing but ping working through router

On Sunday I upgraded a few packages on my sid installation around the
same time my roommates made a firmware upgrade to our Linksys cable/DSL
router (on a cable modem), and since then I've lost network
connectivity.  Ping works fine both inside and through the router,
including DNS resolution using an external DNS server, but I can't FTP,
web browse, SSH, or telnet beyond the router (all these work fine when
connecting to machines on this side of the router.)  We have about 10
other computers in our apartment, running Windows 95, 98, NT 4, 2000,
Mandrake, Red Hat, and an older Debian installation; all were unaffected
by the router upgrade, so I have to suspect the upgrades I made on my
machine.  Unfortunately, I don't remember what they were. :-(

/etc/network/interfaces has:
auto lo eth0

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet static
     address 192.168.1.37
     netmask 255.255.255.0
     gateway 192.168.1.1

route -n yields:
Destination  Gateway      Genmask        Flags  Metric  Ref  Use  Iface
192.168.1.0  0.0.0.0      255.255.255.0  U      0       0    0    eth0
0.0.0.0      192.168.1.1  0.0.0.0        UG     0       0    0    eth0

Any help figuring out what might be causing this and how to go about
fixing it would be greatly appreciated; I'm completely stuck.  Thanks,

Jeremy