3c905/network problems

Hi all...I'm having difficulty getting my network card (3c905c) work under debian.  I've tried using the 3c59x driver (I was using the wrong one before).  It installs ok, but then DHCP won't configure the network.  I know that there's a server present, because that's how windows is configured.  I've also tried the 3c90x driver, but can't get it to compile.
Anyhow, I'd really appreciate any help/suggestions on this, as I've been working on it for about a week and a half now.
Thanks,
Pete

Who needs Cupid?  Matchmaker.com is the place to meet somebody.
FREE Two-week Trial Membership at http://www.matchmaker.com/home?rs=200015