Re: [OT] mutt colors vs. TERM types

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, will trillich wrote:

> when using mutt under termtype 'linux' (i.e. `setenv TERM linux`)
> mutt's headers and 'active selection' bars flash, driving me
> nuts. when i change to `setenv TERM vt220-color` it's a nice,
> calm green and blue, with no flash.

Since vt220-color is not a "real" term type. Is this
the terminfo I (cmosley) gave you or someone quite a while ago for an
apple vt220 emulation - the problem being that you could not get color
using the standard vt220 ? Or maybe something you put together yourself?

In reference to the other response.  Isn't the COLORTERM env variable used
by programs compiled with slang (instead of *curses) to force color when
not explicit in the terminfo.