Re: Unstable packages on Stable distr.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 12:06:08PM -0800, Terry Hancock wrote:
> The reason is that the unstable packages seem to
> have the assumption built into them that they
> will never be used on a stable distr system --
> that is they have dependencies on later versions
> of basic packages.

This has irritated me for years now.  It's mainly a problem because
the Debian system seems to be based on the assumption that new
releases will come every few months, when they actually happen every
few *years*.

Only solution I can find is learning to compile software and create
one's own debs, which kind of defeats the advantage of using a
package manager.
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
I-Con's Science and Technology Programming