network problem

Dear authorities,
I am writing from Turkey and I have a problem with my laptop. I have an IBM Thinkpad 380XD. I'm having trouble with using my laptop in network. I have a PCMCIA Ethernet Card(Compex Linkport ENET-A) and its' driver disket. I am doing everything written in the manuel but I am still having problem. The problem is the network adapter's not being install correctly.(It shows an exclamation when i look it from system/device manager). But I want to inform you about something. My laptop was installed Windows 95 when it came. And also it has a recover CD beside. But a few days ago,i had my computer formatted accidently. So I set up Windows 95 from a different CD-ROM which i got from a friend. Could it be the possible reason for my problem ? If so, How can I overcome it ? If you help me about this subject, I will be very hapy. Thank you very much. Yours sincerely.
Orhan FIRAT