cron and laptop

I use potato on a laptop and my laptop is on only when i'm using it.
When I start, cron launches various task (too many at the same time) and take a big part of the CPU.

It's crazy : you turn your computer 2 minutes on (you do near nothing), cron works. After a night you turn on your laptop another time (no big changes has occured during the last session) and cron restart everything.

Is there a way to better configure cron for a laptop usage?
- limit CPU usage ?
- start daily script only after an amount of cumulled (i'm not sure it's an english word, i mean the sum of previous uptime) uptime.

Christophe

--
Christophe Barbé
Software Engineer