Re: Outlook conversion

also sprach Rob Zietlow (on Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:15:16AM -0600):
> I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that converted a .pst Outlook
> file into something that a Linux email program like Kmail or Evolution can
> read.  I want to totally convert over to Linux, but this is a big thing
> because I don't want to lose my hundreds of saved messages from the past
> couple months.

i spent a lot of time on this when i was in the same situation and i
found the best and most reliable way to be creating an imap server,
moving all your outlook mail onto there, then downloading it with
fetchmail onto linux.

all the tools i looked at couldn't preserve all headers or otherwise
screwed with files and or attachments. now, this is obviously due to
micros~1's retarded way of doing things, but it's what you got...

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
never underestimate the power of human stupidity.