Re: How did linux corrupt hda1 (C: drive) fat16 filesystem?

Quoting Matthew Dalton <matthewd@research.canon.com.au>:

> M David Tilson wrote:
> > > You didn't do 'cp foo /dev/hda1', did you?
> > >
> > Probably yes.  Is there any way to recover?
>
> Have you tried running fsck.msdos under Linux?

Not yet.  First, I had to reinstall linux.  Got potato up, but having
xwoes etc etc.  Found fsck in /sbin; but my versions do not include
fsck.msdos.  fsck reports that /mnt/hda1 has been corrupted....

Incidentally, how do you search debian cdrom for fsck.msdos.  Locate
doesn't seem to work.  I find the debs, but they are all organized in
packages (like communications, etc), and I don't know where to look.

THanks,

dave