Re: Printer recommendations

    Alec> I had in mind to recommend the Lexmark Optra E312L as Egghead
    Alec> is offering it for $300. There is a straight E312 model which
    Alec> offers PostScript emulation, however its roughly $370 which
    Alec> may prove to be slightly over budget. Does anyone have
    Alec> experience with the E312L?

I'd recommend the Optra E312. It may be pricier but its Postscript
support is well worth it. Print quality is excellent as well.

Easy enough to setup with lprng and magicfilter. CUPS works too except
that I have been unable to print text files spooled from the command
line whereas Postscript output prints without any problems.

I am glad I bought my Optra E312.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com