Re: MODEM LATENCY

apt-get install hdparm

but, i kinda doubt that it is a latency problem on the hard drives.  i'm
guessing your connection to the mirror you have selected in your
sources.list is just poor.   try another mirror closer to you.

just a suggestion, but the slowest drive i've ever seen was .89 megs a
second.  which is still more than enough to not time out waiting for data
for a dsl line, much less a modem.

--
Forrest English
http://truffula.net