Re: #! syntax

> The problem I found with env was that the shell incorrectly passes args to
> env:

The shell DOES pass args correctly. RTFM (info bash):

"The arguments to the interpreter consist of a single optional
argument following the interpreter name on the first line of the script
file, followed by the name of the script file, followed by the rest of
the arguments."

>     % head -1 t348.sh
>     #! /usr/bin/env perl -w
>     % ./t348.sh
>     env: perl -w: No such file or directory
>
> How does one get around this? Please don't say, "Don't use perl."

Just write some wrapper and use
#!/your/wrapper

wrapper will be runned as

wrapper 'name_of_your_script'