Re: Kernel 2.4.1 Mis-configuring 3c509b NIC

Quoting Mike Kuhar (mikek147@mediaone.net):
> I can start up kernel 2.2.17 and the 3c509b Nic has the proper address and intr,
> 0210 and 03.  However, when I startup kernel 2.4.1, the NIC gets configured as
> 0220 12.  Am I doing something wrong here, or is this some kind of bug?

Well, they're not the values I would pick, but who says they're
wrong...

You could just disable PnP and set some sensible values with the
configuration program, eg 0x300 and 15 if you have no secondary IDE,
10 if you do. If it's a combo, you might set the transducer at the
same time.

> One more question, where can I find the source for getty?

.../dists/potato/main/source/...

though I'm not sure if all mirrors carry the source. UK does, for
example.

Cheers,