Re: sblive

Alexander,

You can use emu10k1 driver with the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
(ALSA) [http://www.alsa-project.org/] packages.  I have a Creative
Labs PCI 512, Linux 2.2.18 (CONFIG_SOUND=m) and (alsa-driver-0.5.10b,
alsa-lib-0.5.10b and alsa-utils-0.5.10).  The relevant section
from /etc/modules.conf is the following:
# ALSA portion
# base modules
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
# soundcards
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
# OSS compatibility
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
# sequencer-related
alias snd-seq-client-62 off     # may be snd-seq-dummy (MIDI thru)
alias snd-synth-midi snd-seq-midi
# soundcard options
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1 snd_device_mode=0660 snd_device_gid=29
options snd-card-emu10k1 snd_index=0 snd_id=LIVE
Using the following to configure the drivers modules package prior to make:
cd ~/src/alsa-driver-0.5.10b/
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-cards=emu10k1 --with-sequencer

If you continue to have problems you may want to post to the ALSA
list.  Check website for email address.

Good listing, Carl