Re: Getting to the GUI...

Rick Commo wrote:
>     When I hit [Done] the Xserver barfs - "no screens
>     configured" so therefore get the infamous  (by this time)
>     "can't connect error 111" message.

  the output of the X server and perhaps the XF86Config file (at least
relevant parts) would be helpful here. it looks like X server did not
find any relevant screens...

> I am willing to give it one more shot, but so far I do have to wonder in all
> honesty why anyone would bother with this distro.  Someone give me a reason!

  well, it's not the installation:-) generally you install it once. then
you maintain it for fairly long time: (un)install programs, keep the
stuff up-to-date (at least security patches) etc. that's debian's
strength - there is no other distro (unless it's debian based:-) that
comes even close.

	erik