Re: Problems with tulip driver

hi james,

yes, the most commonly used pci drivers are the 3com vortex/boomerang,
the dec tulip and the intel etherexpress pro 100.

the problem is that there's a register on these cards, the general purpose
register (CSR12) which are programmable by the vendor.   they all do it a
bit differently.  it's a hard situation.

as far as debian goes, i can understand your frustration.  however, i'll
tell you this much.  i've used redhat, suse and debian extensively.  when it
comes to:

	updating your system
	recovering from a Really Bad Thing[tm]
	getting user support

debian is orders of magnitude than redhat, and perhaps an order of magnitude
better than suse.     heck, look at all the support you're getting right now
for free!   :-)

i see someone replied to your question about bin86, so i won't restate the
answer.  :-)

good luck!
pete