Re: [OT] What is he talking about ? - debian and kernel headers

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 09:38:50AM -0600, ktb wrote:
> Here is a <snip> -
> The fundamental problem with Debian is the way they ship their kernel
> headers.  The /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm never point
> to the running kernel's source headers but to the headers
> Debian compiled the entire system with.

See /usr/share/doc/libc6/README.Debian.gz  It provides a full
explanation.

> Could someone knowledgable about such things explain this to me?
> Makes me curious.  Maybe I should be compiling my kernels without
> kpkg?

It has nothing to do with make-kpkg.  It's a glibc thing.  If you
*really* want to take care of the problem then the solution is to
rebuild glibc with every kernel you install.  That's generally not
necessary, though, since very few people will ever run in to a problem.

noah