Re: gcc not able to creat Binary files

> admiral thrawn wrote:
>
> I was tring to compile the lastest ver of samba.
> ( Cause  samba.deb is compiled with the win98 flag OFF !!!!!!! ( even the
> unstable package ) , Try using an win98 machine to access the share, and
> next week you will get a responce.... [ Note to maintainer ] )
>
> # ./configure
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking wather the C compiler (gcc -O ) works ...... no
> Configure: error: installatiion or configuration problemL C compiler cannot
> create executables.

check config.log. see what it says. most likely the system is trying to
execute a binary that doesn't exist(maybe its trying to run gcc295 instead
of 'gcc' or something) if your uncertain paste the last ~100 lines or so
to the list(or to me) and i may be able to determine what is causing it.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336