StylusColor900 and smbprint

Hello.  This is slightly OT but I'm out of good
options.  I have an Epson Stylus Color 900 connected
to a windows-me computer (hey, it's my wife's and she
won't switch) that I'm trying to print to from my
Debian 2.2r2 with smbprint.  All indications are that
the 900 is well supported, I have magicfilter 1.2-39 and
ghostscript 6.50-3, smbprint and lots of docs on how to
set up the printfilter with smbprint.  But no luck.  I
can get text to print OK without the filter but none of
the ColorStylus* filters from magicfilter work.  Nothing
get passed through the filter, that is, the file goes in
and nothing at all comes out.  The spool dir doesn't show
anything going through.  The logs show something happens
but only 0 byte files/transfers occur.

Any suggestions on how to set this up?  I've tried putting
the filter in the smbprint file, bounce queues and some
other recommended procedures with no change.

thanks,

--
tony mollica
tmollica@silcom.com