Re: Install (LILO ?) problems!

On Sat Feb 24 11:53:25 2001 ktb wrote...

>OK I don't know if this will work but lets clean this up a bit and try a
>couple things.  First comment out the lines for the "image=/vmlinuz.old"
>section and comment out "lba32" and run /sbin/lilo, post any error
>messages.  Have you tried upgrading your bios so that the whole disk is
>seen?  Maybe lilo and the bios see the disk geometry in different ways.
>Are you 100% sure /dev/hda3 is your "/" partition?  What does "df -h"
>say?
>kent

	OK, we are making progress here.

	Did you see my post saying I had reinstalled and put in a standard MBR to call
	LILO? At the time, it id not fix anything, but I just wanted make you aware
	that was how things curently stand.

	Now on to the good new. I made the changes to /etc/lilo.conf you sugested, and
	reran /sbin/lilo (no errors). Then I rebooted. I now ger "LI" and the system
	hangs there. I have tried this both with LBA on, and off in the BIOS.

	Still that's a whole letters worht (I) of prgoress in the boot process.

	Next sugestion?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.