Re: Install (LILO ?) problems!

On Fri Feb 23 22:33:51 2001 ktb wrote...

>> 	If I try to boot from the hard didk, I get the following:
>>
>> L 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 ............ and it continures till i hit the power
>> swithc.
>>
>> More sugestions?
>
>Post the output of -
># rdev
>
>and your /etc/lilo.conf
>
>Any error messages when you run /sbin/lilo?
>kent

	More data here. I reinstalled, and this time chose to install a non LILO MBR.
	Now the machine boots, the MBR hands off control to LILO (whch is located in my
	5M /boot partiton), and the exact same problem ocours. thet is I get the first
	L and then infinite "40 "'s.

	So this means it's a problem in how I have LILO setup, right?

	What looks wrong with /etc/lilo.conf (the one I posted)?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.