Re: How do I resize my reiser partition?

hi ....
the tool you may be lookin for is resize_reiserfs...
but i must say i don't know if it resizes the entry in your partition table
or if you must do that by hand ?
another tool could be gnu parted ( but i don't know how to use that either
)...
ok now to the point i wanted to make...

im using reiserfs with lvm ( logical volume manager )....
in that combination it's quite easy resizing your partition....

take a look at

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0102/msg01262.html

there's a little introduction from a friendly debian user ( not in resizing
but in setting up lvm with reiserfs ) !! i started with this and it worked
fine :-)

if you finally got lvm installed ( i see you have 10G to play with ) and have
your first physical volumes , volume groups and logical volumes you can
easily resize a logical volume with lvextend and than resize the
reiserfs with resize_reiserfs...
lvm is very very powerful ( creating logical volumes over 2 or more
harddrives etc.. )

try it out....

if you have further questions don't mind asking me ( im not a crack but i did
it recently )...

cu peter