Re: Debian 2.2 and Linksys LNE100TX - problems

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Jason Price wrote:

>I am installing Debian 2.2 for the first time (on a dual cpu box) and
>have run into a problem with my NIC.  I have a Linksys LNE100TX, which
>I understand uses the Tulip module.  During setup, I tried to select
>the Tulip module to install, but I got an error saying that the "device
>is busy" and something about IRQ and IO (not at home right now).  Am I
>missing somethere here?  How can I get this card installed?

Until you get a new kernel, you're SOL.

>I will be compiling a new kernel to add SMP support - when I do, is
>there anything special I will need to do to make sure the NIC works?

Get the newest source possible.  Tulip (to wit the LNE) was flaky through
most of the 2.2 series.  IIRC they fixed it in the 2.2.18 area.  I know
that 2.4 works wonders on it.

--
Sacred cows make the best burgers

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who!!!