Re: starting with Corel Linux

Redirected to -user, which is the more appropriate list...

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Brian Smith wrote:

>I have the first version of Corel Linux that I want to use to start my
>adventure into using Debian, is this o.k. ? Can I install it and then
>proceed to upgrad to the latest stable Debian packages ?

Been there, done that.  Corel did some things that you might think twice
about blindly upgrading, but yes.  In particular, you want to watch to
ensure that you don't lose libc compatibility.  Corel's based on Slink,
which has a different libc than potato.  The two can exist side-by-side,
but you may have to install an extra libc to be sure to keep the Slink
programs happy.