Re: Install (LILO ?) problems!

On Fri Feb 23 18:57:36 2001 ktb wrote...

>On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 05:42:13PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
>> I am trying to install "stable" On an HP Vectra P200, with a 20G IDE disk.
>>
>> All of the install goes well, untill I reboot. Then, I get a continuois stream of
>> "40 ";s streaming across teh screen while the hard disk ling _and_ the floppy light
>> flash!
>>
>> I can boot from the boot floppy OK.
>>
>> I set up a 20M /boot parttion as the first partition on the only hard disk.
>>
>> How can I fix this?
>>
>> BTW, the BIOS thinks this is onl an 8G disk, which may be part of the problem?
>>

>You might be able to upgrade your bios in order to see all 20G's.
>
>Have you tried installing lilo yet?  You need to set up /etc/lilo.conf
>and then run -
># /sbin/lilo

	This seems to have been done by the installer. I booted from the floppy, looked
	at /etc/lilo.conf (which had all teh correct setings for my confg as dar as I
	can tell), and ran lilo just on general principles.

	I alos watched the boot messages, and went back and set the corrrect disk
	paramters in the BIOS by hand (39813/16/63).

	If I try to boot from the hard didk, I get the following:

L 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 40 ............ and it continures till i hit the power
swithc.

More sugestions?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154