Re: upgraded to woody, sendmail quit

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 techlists@techgod.net wrote:

> First I moved my server to a new co-lo facility, and changed the ip address.
> Then, because I wanted to install webmail, I upgraded to woody, which I have done on my laptop with minor problems.  When I did the apt-get dist-upgrade, it uninstalled me sendmail server.  After the upgrade, I went into dselect and re-installed my sendmail server.  I don't get errors, it just doesn't deliver mail, not even locally.  Every thing I send out, sits in the queue with the status of deferred.  I set up everything the same.

Let me guess, sendmail-8.9.3 right?
do you have deliver or procmail (or both installed)?

One of the delivery agents must be SUID or this happens, No one has
figured out where the permission bits get cleared...

If you reinstall whichever (or both) MDAs, check to make sure the suid
bit is on, check /etc/suid.conf to make sure its not resetting the bit,
and finally set the bit by hand if need be.

Then restart sendmail and things should clean up right away.

--
Rick Nelson
World Domination, of course.  And scantily clad females.  Who cares if