Re: scsi emulation

> So I'm told I need scsi emulation for my IDE CD writer
> and xcdroast. So, I recompile 2.2.18pre21 with scsi
> support, emulation and scsi cdrom support. xcdroast
> still complains.

No need to recompile your kernel...

[cut and pasted]

Linuxnewbie.org has a short article on setting up a CD-RW drive under
Linux. It's rather RedHat specific, but the main parts can most likely
apply to any distro.

I know this topic comes up a lot... It mentions RedHat 6.0, Suse 6.1,
Debian 2.1 and Storm 2000 and that *none* of them require a kernel
recompile to get a CD-RW to work. They all have module support already
available.

http://linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/software/cdrecord_cdr.html

Regards
Hall