Re: QuarkExpress equivalent on Linux?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 09:24:04PM +0100, Jonathan Gift wrote:
>> Richard  Taylor wrote:
>> >
>> >  There's Adobe's port of Framemaker or the Corel stuff... WordPerfect
>> >  and so forth.
>> >

>> On Linux? I didn't know. Same name?
>
>    WordPerfect, yes, but Adobe has cancelled the Beta of Frame on Linux, and
>word is that they don't plan to continue.

Additional information: Corel once (and sort of still...) did a Debian
based distribution.  The first edition included a .deb of the full version
of WP 8.  Apparently, they make a WINE-ized version of WP 2000.

BTW, the Corel debian-ish distro's apt line was:

deb ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/linux/CorelLinux corellinux-1.0 main contrib
non-free corel corel_updates

It also had apt lines for slink, so be advised that the WP 8 deb might not
work post-potato (I used it once with plain potato).  They have since come
out with corellinux-2.0, but I don't rightly know the apt line for it (I
would assume s/1/2, but I ain't going to bet the farm on it...)

--
I can be immature if I want to, because I'm mature enough to make my own
decisions.

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu