Re: Dell 4200 w/perc3 raid

Bryan,

See the following for PERC/3 info. The first one has Debian disk images and kernel patches that will work great to install the PERC/3. I've never tried it on a 4200, but I have installed on an 2450.

http://www.merilus.com/~kevin/aacraid.html
http://domsch.com/linux/

--Rich

"Josep Llauradó Selvas" wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Bryan Hall wrote:
>
>      Upon initial setup, Debian distro doesn't appear to recognize the perc3 raid controller. No problem.. drivers not installed, likely.
>      Unfortunately, upon attempting to utilize the 'preload drivers' function in the setup, it returns an error message stating 'Cannot mount floppy' critical error, and places me at the 'configure network' screen under the assumption that it's a diskless station I'm on.

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.