Re: How to get GNUCash in Sid?

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:59:38 -0500 (EST)
Burton Windle <burton@fint.org> wrote:

> I know that bug reports have already been filled wrt GNUCash not being
> able to be installed in Sid. Are there any work-arounds, or other ways to
> get GNUCash usable in Sid now? Or do I just have to wait for new (guile |
> gnucash| etc) packages, and curse the day I ignored the meaning of
> unstable? ;-)

I contacted the maintainer of guile who answered that we can either
wait until the next version of gnucash is compiled with guile1.4, or
just download the sources and compile with the libraries
installed. This second option however isn't that easy because gnucash
requires a long list of things. If I didn't look too fast, gnucash in
sid is 1.4.9, while there is 1.4.10 out since little less than a
month. Maybe it'll not take too long until we get it.

--
Christoph Simon
datageo@terra.com.br
---