rpm dependencies problem (yes, rpm!)

Hi,
I'm trying to install a software-package on Debian potato. It's "Novell NDS 8.5". The good thing is, that it needs a 2.2-kernel and glibc v.2.1.3, exactly what potato comes with. But: I'm unable to install that program, because it's installation is really dirty. On the install-CD, there are lots of *.rpms, which are installed by some obscure install-script (not directly with rpm). Now the problem is, that the installation breaks, because it says, some packages are not installed (glibc not found, /bin/sh not found etc). But they are installed, I think "rpm" is just not aware of that. Is there a way to tell rpm (maybe with alien?), what packages/files are installed (eventhough they are *.deb packages?).
TIA,
Greetings,
Tibor