Re: Building package from newer upstream source?

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 08:38:58AM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> > I believe that step 1 can be achieved with apt-get's "source" option.
> > Step 2 is fairly simple except that I don't know whether the source as
> > checked out of CVS is in the exact right format to be patched by the
> > diff.tar.gz. I have no idea at all about step 3, and I couldn't figure
> > it out from the Packaging Manual
> > (http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/packaging.html/) either.
> >

> X is big and ugly.  Mail the maintainer for guidance.

no don't.  i can't think of many things that will annoy the X
maintainer more then someone asking how to repackage new upstream
source themselves.  about the only thing that would annoy him more is
asking when he will package the new upstream source...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/