Re: Trouble compiling gs (ghostscript) from source

Andrea Vettorello wrote:

> [...]
> To start with a simple task, i've tried to create the gs binary package
> from the debian sources (without the stp patch), but the compilation
> aborted compiling "zdevcal.c"

Well, seems no one compiled gs from source lately, anyway i've figured out where

the problems lied (or at least, i think), so i'm replaying to my post. The error

that stopped the compilation in "zdevcal.c" was
related to the include (time_.h), and a quick (ugly) hack was to force
explicitly the inclusion of time.h in time_.h (i'm not so experienced about
conditional including).

I was interested in the stp driver, and to compile it needs a minor change to
include the required files (don't remeber exactly the name, some like
gdevstp-quickmatrix, it only needs to state the correct path).

The packages (gs-5.10) is supposed to compile out of the box, if this is not a
problem with my actual configuration (too many dist-upgrade =), should i submit
a bug report?

Andrea