weird getlist behaviour

Hi,

Today I encountered something really weird...

When trying to get an active list from a news server with

getlist > foo -h <newsserver> active

the output is not redirected into foo!

No matter where I put the redirection (on the command line) or whether
I use tee or pipe it to grep or whatever...

If I do "echo something >foo" or "ls >foo" everything behaves as
expected. Does anyone have any idea what might be borken?

And, yes, I did try to redirect both STDOUT and STDERR. Redirecting
strace (both 1 and 2) captures the strace output but the getlist
output ends up on the screen only. What do I look for in the strace
output?

        /Anton
--
What was the greatest thing BEFORE sliced bread?