RE: [OT]: UUCP : sidenote - terrorism etc.

I d'uno. /etc/services says 540 is UUCP over TCP/IP, (its an IANA
allocated/registered number for both tcp and ucp.)

With secretary software, who knows.

        John

BTW, I -P DENY in ipchains for input and output, and 540 isn't open on
the Linux boxes that I use to MASQ the secretaries from the
I-vandals. No DENYs on 540 in /var/syslog, ever. You might have
something else going on.

I do block a lot of port 137 broadcasts, though, (like everyone else
that cares.)