Re: Running Deb on old PCs

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, David B. Harris wrote:

> That'd be more complex; you'd probably have to write a web front-end ...
> and you'd also have to install some sort of webserver :( At 340M, you're
> already going to be limited to how many voice messages you can store
> with only the base Debian config; adding big stuff like a webserver
> might make matters worse.

Just my two cents' worth here... I did a semi-manual potato install
recently (i/e/ selecting individual packages from the menu rather that
just the groups) and have ended up with a full mail and
web/SSL/PHP/mod_perl system with quite a few extra odds and ends in under
200Mb... 340 should leave plenty of room even for a kernel recompile :)

Regards,

Gavin.