Running Deb on old PCs

Hello there, i'm a linux newbie :)

I have an old box with a IBM/Cyrix 133mhz cpu, 16mb ram, 340mb hd, 28.8
isa modem, soundblaster 16 isa, a diamond stealth 24 video card (also
isa), and a NE2K compatible 10mbit pci nic.

Here's what i want to do with it.

1. Turn it into a fax/ansering machine.

2. Be able to print documents from a windowz machine to the linux box
and have it fax it out.

3. have the box run without mouse/keyboard/monitor

4. be able to remote login and check voice/faxes OR have it email me the
voice/fax messages OR check voice/fax messages using a web browser.

5. have it running 24/7 with little or no maintenance (besides deleting
old voice messages/faxes)

Ok, here's what i did:

Installed:
	debian
	mgetty+fax+voice
	telnet daemon

Here's the problem i'm having:

1. How can i install debian at its bare minimum? (HD space is only
340mb. sorry if this is a dumb question. i'm new to linux and the linux
structure is totally alien to me. i'm trying very hard to learn it
though :)

2. is it possible to get mgetty to fax out a document recieved from
another computer on a lan (ie. from a windowz computer)?

3. is it possible to get mgetty to email me the voice messages and
faxes? or at least notify me by email that i have new voice messages and
faxes? i'm guessing i need to write a complex script for that?

4. maybe check faxes and voices messages using a web browser? that way i
can check my messages when i'm out of time or something hehe.

5. would it be easier to compile my own kernel and get all this to work?

Thanks in advance for all your help. :)

--Thank god i wasnt raised on a Mac.
--
- d i c k s o n   c h o w