[Q] How to remove a broken package

hi,
I am in deep trouble with managing packages. I could not remove
a package which is in the status of half-installed. When I try to
remove it by dpkg -r or dselect I get a error message as follows,
---
dpkg: error processing tfm-arphic-bkai00mp (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should reinstall
it before attempting a removal.
---
But when I try to reinstall it I get "Sorry, tfm-arphic-bkai00mp is
already the newest version." and the installation could not be completed.
What should I do?  Thanks so much for any help!

Regards,

--Wen
wen@japan.email.ne.jp