Re: Push mirror?

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 12:38:17PM +1300, Corrin Lakeland wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:57, b3 wrote:
> > Hmm...Have you considered running an IMAP server on the work machine?
>
> I considered this, but evolution is the only imap aware client I know, and
> while it is in debian, it isn't exactly what I would call stable.

Hmm...I use Mutt myself (which is in stable, I think) and it works fine.
Netscape 4 has IMAP support in its mail client, as does Mozilla. Both have
worked well for me in the past (I switched to Mutt for simplicity and the
ability to run on a terminal =) ) Pine is another popular choice, but I
haven't gotten it to compile under Debian yet (gives weird errors...)

I've played around with evolution, and I like it, but it's definitely not
ready fo primetime just yet.

Everyone has a favorite mailer, and most have SOME support for IMAP --
sometimes it's just hidden =)

-b3