Re: wine and woody

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Corrin Lakeland wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 05:48, David Purton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > $ wine notepad.exe I get this error:
> >
> > Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'
>
> > ack! any ideas?
> >
> > btw I had to install the xlibosmesa3 package, because otherwise it
> > didn't find xlibosmesa.so.3 at all.  (is this a broken dependency in
> > wine - since it says it depends on mesag3 OR xlibosmesa3?)
>
> Hmmm, I had exactly the same problem but I managed to get it working by
> installing xlibosmesa3.
>
> I suggest you run wine.bin while fixing this which will allow you to pass
> command line arguments.  Then turn on debugging (-v? can't remember) and look
> for the library that it fails on and install the appropriate package that you
> are missing (almost certainly related to mesa).

hmm, Perhaps a more specific error message will help:

<errors>

err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
x11drv.dll: /usr/lib/libOSMesa.so.3: undefined symbol: _glapi_Context
Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'
err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger (winedbg
134622744 40) (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger

</errors>

this looks to me (who has limited C uderstanding) like libOSMesa is
different now to when wine was compiled.

Today people in droves hurry up past Heumoz to Villars
on the road to the ski hills, so they can rush down them
as fast as possible, so they can hurry up again in order
to rush down again.  In a way this is funny,...

			Francis A Schaeffer

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/
dcpurton@chariot.net.au