unwilling to netboot

Hi,

I bought an old NIC, but it seems that it is a bit broken. It is a
Racal-Datacom which uses the in52 driver.
The problem is, that when I make a floppy with etherboot, etherboot tells
me that the card is broken:
NI5210 ioaddr 0x318, mem[0x000cc000-0x000ce000], addr 02:07:01:13:21:cf
Searching for server (DHCP)...

Rx frame corrupt, discarded.

and then the computer freezes.

But when I do manually insmod the card (with the correct parameters), the
card just works, with a little hesitation (gives some errors about wrong
network and it has much overflows, but that is ok, it is not a vital
part).

So, why gives etherboot this error, or better, how can I make this work?

It also seems that the card has a bootrom. How can I let it boot from
that? My BIOS has no option for netbooting.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastiaan