Re: Nameservers

Nate Amsden wrote:

> SamBozo Debian User wrote:
> >
> > I have a new install of debian 2.2 potato on another box.
> > It has the same nameserver entrys in /etc/resolve.config ... as this box
>
> be sure its resolv.conf not resolv.config
>
> nate

my bad
resolv.conf    is the file in question

also the entrys are in numbers

-----------------
nameservers 208.6.xxx.xxx
nameservers 208.6.xxx.xxx
-----------------

these entrys are identical in both the box that is resolving names just
fine and the new box that is not resolving names.
the non-name resolvable box can ping the name servers fine

both boxes are on a 192.168.xxx.xxx network thru the same gateway box

is it a service somewhere that may not have been started, installed, or
setup correctly?
during the install I attempted to enter alternate sources (ftp) but they
failed and timed out due to the resolve problem.
I ended up with a 71 meg install from only the 1st CD I think
 It works ...
and it will force me to work from the ground up ...
a learning experience I'm sure I will look back on and have fond
memories ...

HOWEVER currently
it's just another brick in the wall .. so to speak <grin>

and yes I'd like a bit of cheese with that whine .. please

TIA,
Sam Morgan