Re: Nameservers

:-> "SamBozo" == SamBozo Debian User <peacemkr@wcc.net> writes:

    > I have a new install of debian 2.2 potato on another box.
    > It has the same nameserver entrys in /etc/resolve.config ... as this box
    > has.
    > But it won't resolve ip's.
    > I had to use  "ftp://207.XXX.XXX.XXX/debian potato main"
    > as my entry in /etc/apt/sources.list
    > just to get "apt-get update" would work.

    > Any idea where I should look for my error?

/etc/resolv.conf should contain ip addresses; if it contains names,
these names should be present in /etc/hosts and /etc/nsswitch.conf
should point to files _before_ dns

If you need further hints, you should provide further info

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.1 #1 Sat Feb 3 20:43:54 CET 2001 i686 unknown