ipppd deletes default route

I have a Woody system (up-to-date), and isdnutils is set up in the
standard way.

in device.ippp0, the default route is being set, i.e., right after
typing "/etc/init.d/restart", a default route to ippp0 is set.

But when I dial out with "isdnctrl dial ippp0", the default route is
being deleted. The relevant in "/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/00-isdnutils", which
re-sets it, exists, but for some reason it does not get executed.

Anybody has any idea?

--
"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
 - Governor George W. Bush