Re: Antwort: Rebooting is foolish ....

John Galt wrote:
--- snip ---
> Linux Fdisk resyncs the disks almost immediately.  DOS fdisk requires a
> reboot to do this.  Did you reboot after running fdisk when installing
> Debian?

I definitely have to reboot installing my alphas. I don't know if I had
to reboot the machine with the arc-colsole, but for shure the machines
with the srm-conole (fortunytely I have to install very seldom my own
machines, thanx, Linus! ;-) This has something to do that the
SRM-cosoles need partitions with BSD-Labels (what ever this is).
I hate installing my alphas - installation is easy, but making these
beasts boot is painful. But thats another story...

martin