library's hiding?

Hi,

I try to run a program, but it seems that it cannot find the librarys
needed. With ldd, I see that the following librarys can not be found:
libXt.so.6
libXext.so.6
libX11.so.6

They are all present in /usr/X11R6/lib directory.

My /etc/ld.so.conf contains, among others, this directory too.

When I do 'echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH', the string is empty. When I add the
correct paths to it, the program still can not find them.

How do I solve this properly (in stead of copying them to /lib)?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastiaan