Re: XFree86 4.0.2 - Very low resolution - how to increase?

On 17 Feb 2001, Martin Albert wrote:
> On Friday 16 February 2001 09:41, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I'm currently confused about X-4. I've been keeping up to date with
> > Testing and now I don't know which version of X I'm running. My
> > driver is xserver-svga 3.3.6X. I tried running xf86config and this
> > generated a XF86Config-4 file which didn't work. I therefore
> > continued with my existing XF86Config.
> >
> > Can anyone explain briefly what the present position is with regard
> > to X-4?
>
> I can only explain briefly what your problem is ;-)
>
> You're actually running the old 3.3.6 server, propably you didn't
> install a new one. If you dare (no, it works, at least) do
> apt-get install xserver-xfree86
>
> martin

I've done this but I can't get it to work. I ran xf86config and produced
an XF86Config-4 file, but this refuses to run, with numerous error
messages (various sections should begin with "Driver.." etc.).

I'll glady RTFM if there is one.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Gnu/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books, skeptical essays, and over 120 book reviews, go to:

The superior man is courteous but not pliable.
The inferior man is pliable but not courteous.
[Confucius]