boot-floppies mirroring problems

Dear all.

I'm trying to get the boot-floppies generation to work because I
need to build a custom installation procedure for a machine I want
to install debian on (the default kernels do not have drivers for
the raid controller on this machine, and there is no ide hard disc,
so a special kernel must be used to allow installation onto the
raid array).

I've installed the boot-floppies package, ncftpd, and ftpgrab. I've
set ftpgrab up to copy
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/base
into /home/ftp/archive/debian

I've been through the scripts in the boot-floppies package, and
made a list of all the other packages that boot-floppies wants, and
have setup ftpgrab to get all of those aswell (and dump them in
/home/ftp/archive/debian). Thus everything is going into
/home/ftp/archive/debian.

Inside /usr/src/boot-floppies/config I have the following:

ftp_archive     := /home/ftp/archive/debian

archive         := $(ftp_archive)/

but this is not working as doing a make check seemingly lists every
single package as being missing. What am I doing wrong here? Is
there a file heirarchy that I must follow? Do packages need to be
renamed? Can someone help please?

Frustratedly,

Matthew Sackman