Re: ssh and devices

I actually have execute perms also...maybe that makes a difference?

I found the issue using strace:

strace ssh host

and it spews gibberish for a bit, then you see something like

open (/dev/tty),???	ENOACCESS(-1,????)

(sorry, from memory...)

which indicated that my user couldn't access the device, since the error
appeared shortly (in gibberish terms) before exit.

The open was successful when the I ran ssh as root, which worked right anyway.

good luck
rick