How to get rid of warnings in ldconfig?

I've been running the same system since, oh Debian 2.1 I believe.  I
recently went and cleaned out all the libc5 stuff because nothing I
have installed requires it.  However, now when I run ldconfig it warns
that libg++2.7.2.so, libstdc++2.7.2.so, and libntdll.so are missing
(well, those names are pretty close anyway).  ld.so.conf file just has
three dirs in it, so where are these warnings coming from?  Those
files don't exist on my system, but how does ldconfig know if they
should be there?  I must be missing something here.  How would I get
rid of these warnings short of reinstalling those libc5 packages?

Rob