Re: debian command list

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 08:40:19AM -0800, Mike Egglestone wrote:
> Hi all...
> I'm looking for a web site that would have
> a nice list and basic description of debian commands.....
> Anyone know of such a place?
>
> or even just linux commands for that matter...

one cool trick most linux shells offer is 'completion' meaning:

	type a few letters and press TAB, to see what's available
	that starts with that 'string' of letters.

try

	mo<TAB>
	apt<TAB>
	add<TAB>
	loc<TAB>

and then to find more out about any of those, try

	man <command>
	info <command>
	[browse to] localhost/doc/<command> or <command>-doc
	<command> --help

commands available to your account are those in directories
mentioned in your $PATH variable. try

	echo $PATH

to see them -- then nose around in each to see what's there.

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/